Ph.D. in Project Management aims at enhancing the scientific research skills of the student, and preparing distinguished cadres in scientific research. It also aspires to investigate the knowledge and practices related to the Project Management, in addition to discovering new facts and critical studies which contribute to improve development on the ground.
Duration of the Program:
(3) Three whole years.
The applicant must have a Master’s Degree at least to meat the minimum qualifications of admission.
The following admission requirements must be met:
- Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of at least 4.0/5.0.
- Master’s degree with a GPA of at least 4.0/5.0.
- Three acceptable letters of recommendation.
- A writing sample of 15-20 pages.
Graduation and Degree Requirements
Completion of three whole (3) years in which:
- The scientific research field must be identified, and get the approval of the research supervisor.
- The scientific review of the research subject must be completed, in addition to writing a scientific study report about the subject.
- Research proposal must be identified and completed with successfully passing the discussion- a year after the beginning of the Ph.D study. .It requires writing a scientific study report about subject, in addition to making a presentation for the committee members to demonstrate the student’s ability and knowledge of the subject of the thesis and its elements.
- To publish three scientific research in specialized refereed journals with a (high impact factor).
- The proposed research must be implanted, in addition to following up with the supervisor of the research.
- The Ph.D thesis must be successfully completed and the scientific degree will be obtained- three years after the beginning of the Ph.D study. It requires delivering the whole thesis and making a presentation for the committee members must be made in order to obtain the degree.
- The result will be limited to some definite possibilities: Failure with the complete repetition of the research, failure with the partial repetition of the research, or finally, a complete failure without repetition. In case of the last choice, the committee shall have the right to award the student with MPhil in Project Management if the student successfully completed the scientific review of the research subject without ending the Ph.D.